Last updated: 4/14/2020
Demand.io (or "we", "us" or "our") hosts and operates an e-commerce ecosystem (the "Platform") through a network of innovative shopping apps, websites and digital platforms, including knoji.com, dealspotr.com, stylespotter.com, simplycodes.com and other sites we may add, e.g., fave.ly (individually, a "Site" and collectively, the "Sites"). Among other things, we help (a) social media influencers and creators ("Influencers") connect and collaborate with brands, advertisers and marketing agencies ("Brands") to create content ("Content") for sponsored marketing campaigns ("Campaign"), and (b) Brands create and run Campaigns by connecting and collaborating with Influencers to create Content for their Campaigns.
We sometimes refer to those who use or access our Platform or Services as "Users", and "your" or "you", as the context may require. If you access the Platform or use the Services on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that legal entity and, in such event, "your" or "you" means that legal entity. In addition, in these Terms, unless the context requires otherwise, words in one gender include all genders and words in the singular include the plural and vice-versa.
For any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information you provide to us
- (a) Some Services we offer may not require you to register for an account or provide any personally identifiable information to us, such as viewing articles and reviews and information about our Services. But for access to the Sites, Services and functionality of our Platform, you will need to register and/or create an account ("Account") with us.
- (b) and collect the following types of information of personally identifiable information from you: first and last name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, social security number, and date of birth. For certain services, such as our advertising or user submission (e.g. coupon codes, review, etc.) programs, we also request credit card or other payment account information (including PayPal account information) which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers. (All of the foregoing personally identifiable information shall be referred to hereafter as "Personal Information.")
- (c) We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, location, phone number, gender, email and mailing addresses, and password when you create an account to log in to our Platform ("Account").
- (d) When you post content or make edits to your profile biography (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content) on various social platforms, the information contained in your posting may be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your profile photo and any other information that you choose to make public on your public profile page ("Profile"). The information that you provide in your Profile will be visible to others.
- (e) We may also collect Personal Data at other points on our Site and Service that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information collected via technology
Information collected by our servers
To make our Site and Service more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
In addition, we use Pixel Tags (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). "Pixel Tags" are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send email messages in a format that users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users' Personal Data.
We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Site and Service, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Site and Service, for example to provide relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
Information collected from you
Creating an account and profile information
To use certain features of the Service, you may be required to provide information such as your name, username, password, email address, mailing address, zip code, telephone number, gender, age verification and/or country of residence. You may optionally provide us with additional profile information, including a short bio, location, profile picture and other information (collectively "Personal Information"). You may update or modify your profile information and contact information at any time. Profile information may be available publicly on our Site, such as on your profile page. In addition to using your contact information to create your Account, we may use this information to send you information about our Service, respond to your requests and facilitate use of the Site. We may use your name, email address and other information you provide to notify you of new products, releases, service notifications, events and to solicit your feedback and input. We may also use your Personal Information to send you marketing materials or newsletters and to improve the Service.
When you send email communications
Information collected from third party companies
We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from companies that provide our Service by way of a co-branded or private-labeled website, companies that offer their products and/or services through our Service, and/or companies that otherwise collect such information. These third-party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via the Site in order to improve the Service we provide to you.
Use of your personal data
In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- facilitate the identification/discovery of your profile for branded campaign
- identify you as a user in our system
- gather insights on content, hashtags, targeted audience
- provide improved administration of the Site and Service
- provide the Site and Service
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with the Site and Service
- send you administrative email notifications, such as information about potential campaign, security or support and maintenance advisories
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to the Site or Service and for other marketing purposes of Demand.io
Creation of anonymous data
We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of Service and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
Disclosure of your personal data
We disclose your Personal Data as described below and as described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
Third party service providers
We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Service; to remunerate you for participation in campaign; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of Accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Demand.io. These third-party service providers are required not to use your Personal Data other than to provide the services requested by Demand.io.
Furthermore, in connection with the operation, promotion, advertising or marketing of our Service, we may provide certain of our partners with Personal Information (e.g., your name or Demand.io username) and other content or information related to you (e.g., your profile picture), or provide certain of our partners with access to our application programming interfaces ("APIs") in order to access such information using information (such as Twitter handles) already in their possession. Please note: each time we provide any of your Personal Information to our partners, we only provide information to these partners that is publicly available or publicly viewable in your Demand.io profile at the time we provide it.
We may share some or all your Personal Data with our parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under a common control ("Affiliates"), in which case we will require our Affiliates to honor this Privacy Statement.
Social networking sites ("SNS")
Third party websites
Your choices regarding information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Site or Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser's technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook) linked to your Account, then you may de-link the SNS by contacting us at email@example.com. You may also manage the sharing of certain Personal Data with us when you connect with us through an SNS, such as through Facebook Connect. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Service and your social media account or mobile device.
Changing or deleting your personal data
You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
Copyright infringement / DMCA notice
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any submission on the Site's message boards or any other content on the Site infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(3), the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our designated copyright agent with the following information in writing:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Demand.io's designated agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: Copyright Agent, 11150 West Olympic Blvd. Suite 1080 | Los Angeles, CA 90064 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Only DMCA notices should go to the designated copyright agent; any other comments, requests, or other communications should be directed to email@example.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all requirements of this Section, your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Our policy toward children using our service
Security of your personal data and information security
Demand.io is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Data. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet that are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Despite this, we will make any legally-required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored Personal Information to you via email or conspicuous posting on this Site in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while Demand.io uses reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Data, Demand.io cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Notice to California residents
Under California law, California residents who have provided personally identifiable information to a company may have the right to request a list of all third parties to whom that company had disclosed such information for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, along with a list of the categories of personal information that had been so disclosed.
Your data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)