Couponing in College $1,000 Scholarship Contest
College is expensive, and many college students don't know about the power of coupons to save money and extend their budget while in school.
Dealspotr's bi-annual Couponing in College Scholarship is our opportunity to spread the word about the power of couponing to college students around the nation. To apply for this scholarship, simply submit an answer of 100 words or less via the form below, based on the following prompt:
Note: The submission period for Fall 2018 has ended, please check back later for our Spring 2019 scholarship announcement.
What's the single most creative way you've saved money in college?
You can discuss digital coupons, physical coupons, promo codes, store & savings apps, checkout strategies, loyalty programs, basically any technique that can net shoppers more goods at lower cost. Remember — the more unique, the better!
We summarize the best tips in a major bi-annual blog post that we promote to students around the nation. This post offers great savings advice to help college students do more with less while in school, and is read by thousands of students. You can see an example from last year's scholarship here: https://dealspotr.com/article/college-couponing-101.
Our editors comb through all the submissions, and we'll select the one submission that provides the most helpful, unique, and well-written advice to win the $1,000 scholarship.
- Your submission should provide the best, most unique strategy you’ve personally used to save money in college. As mentioned above, you can discuss digital coupons, physical coupons, promo codes, store & savings apps, checkout strategies, loyalty programs, basically any technique that can net shoppers more goods at lower cost. Remember — the more unique, the better!
- Your tip must be 100 words or less.
- You must submit your tip using the form at the bottom of this page.
- Submissions will be judged based on novelty and usefulness of the tools described as well as writing style, grammar, and depth of information provided.
- Please do not include local or campus-specific resources; your tips should be applicable and useful to students in any location.
- Submit your tip through the form on this page by November 16, 2018.
A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one winner. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is November 16, 2018. The prize will be announced on November 30, 2018 and the winner will be notified by email. The winner has until December 7, 2018 to claim the prize. The prize will be distributed by check on December 14, 2018.
- Avocado Mattress
- Bass Pro Shops
- Bath & Body Works
- Charlotte Russe
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Edible Arrangements
- Guitar Center
- Hobby Lobby
- Hot Topic
- Jimmy Jazz
- Kate Spade
- Kay Jewelers
- Lands' End
- Lane Bryant
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sierra Trading Post
- Sunglass Hut
- Sur la Table
- TJ Maxx
- Too Faced Cosmetics
- Under Armour
- Urban Outfitters