College is expensive, and many college students don’t know about the power of coupons to save money and extend their budget while in school.
Dealspotr’s bi-annual Couponing in College Scholarship is our opportunity to spread the word about the power of couponing to college students around the nation. To apply for this scholarship, simply write and publish an article that summarizes your best strategies for using coupons to save money in college. You can discuss digital coupons, physical coupons, promo codes, checkout strategies, loyalty programs, basically any technique that can net shoppers more goods at lower cost.
We summarize these tips in a major bi-annual blog post that we promote to students around the nation. This post offers great savings advice to help college do more with less while in school, and is read by thousands of students. You can see an example from last year’s scholarship here: https://dealspotr.com/article/couponing-in-college.
Our editors comb through all the submissions, and we’ll select the one article that provides the most helpful, unique, and well-written advice to win the $2,000 scholarship.
- Your essay should provide strategies on using coupons to save money in college. You can discuss digital coupons, physical coupons, promo codes, checkout strategies, loyalty programs, or other techniques that enable shoppers to obtain discounts on products or services.
- Your essay must be published on a publicly-viewable webpage such as a blog, public Tumblr page, Medium article, or public Facebook post.
- The essay must be 500 words or more.
- Your essay must include a link back to this contest page (https://dealspotr.com/scholarship).
- Essays will be judged based on novelty and usefulness of the tools described as well as writing style, grammar, and depth of information provided.
- Please do not include local or campus-specific resources, your tips should be applicable and useful to students in any location.
- Submit your published essay through the form on this page by May 15, 2017.
A $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to one winner. The deadline to apply for this scholarship is May 15, 2017. The prize will be announced on June 1, 2017 and the winner will be notified by email. The winner has until June 15, 2017 to claim the prize. The prize will be distributed by check on June 30, 2017.